It is important that all panic and emergency exit hardware devices are inspected and maintained properly to ensure safety is maintained when exiting a building in any situation. Once the device is fitted regular maintenance is recommended.
• Make sure the Exit Device functions correctly
• Any fixings that have worked loose should be re-secured
• Any damaged components should be replaced
• Ensure there are no obstructions which prevent the panic unit from functioning correctly
Every three months:
• Check for wear, any visible worn components should be replaced
Luckily, if you have British-made EXIDOR panic hardware, all replacement parts can be bought as spares and are held in stock by Doorstuff.